Sunday, July 12, 2009

So, I finally recorded my first two albums!

Yes, I was nervous every time I stood in the studio with headphones on, waiting for the music to start! Before each song, I prayed and asked God to be with me and to reside my throat. Then I visualized the entire song, and told myself to live it! For some songs I even danced in the studio during the connecting music pieces, just to get into the mood. (well, that's a secret :) ) Once the song started, the nervousness vanished on it's own.

Our music director, Pdt G S Chandra has been very satisfied with my performance in these 2 albums, although I feel I could still do a better job in couple of songs.. esp. "Main to Painyan" song. People are loving it, but I am my best critic and every time I listen to myself, I feel I could do better. Maybe that's how I'll improve.

Overall, I loved the whole experience. We were at the studio for 5 days from morning till late night, life was only about music, and how I wish it stays that way! ( oh..  I even lost a few pounds unknowingly)

I am working on putting together a quick website, where I can upload some sample tracks for you to get sneak previews of my songs before the CDs are released.

Here are a couple of pictures from last week. Both are taken in the backyard of our studio place. On first day, we did a small Pooja before we started with our venture. First pic is about that. The second one is my picture with our music director, Pdt. G S Chandra.


2 comments:

Mecha LEBU said...

Hi , nice to see you practicing and spreading ancient Indian culture in this new world . Wish you all the success .

Ashit Kundu Sajal said...

Wishing you all the best although I know very little about you...