Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Why are you on the train?

You wake up from your sleep and realize that you are on a train. You don’t know how you got on the train and why. You have no idea where the train is going.
Wouldn't that fill you with questions and questions and questions? Wouldn't you wonder where the train is taking you? Wouldn't you wonder why are you on this train?
Of course you will!
You won’t be able to relax until you find the reason why you are on the train.

Our life is that train. All of us have been sent on that train for a reason. You are expected to wonder and dig for the purpose of you being there. But most of us get so distracted with fighting for a window seat, finding the right company, upgrading the seat to first class, that nobody even cares to find out the real reason why they are on the train in the first place!

Isn't that funny how we let our minds be occupied by such things so much that we forget to wonder why we are born?

Ever wondered what is the purpose of your life?

We live our everyday routines, make money, raise kids, retire… But ever wondered what is it that you are really here in the world for?
Or do you even believe that your life might have a purpose?

Do I know the purpose of my life? Well, not really!....
I have wondered about this ever since I was a kid and I always felt that there is a reason to why I was born. I believe that it will occur to me some day...

Of course there are a few people who know exactly what they are here for. And they inspire me deeply!
Not only the famous people like Mother Teresa or Mahatma Gandhi but even the ordinary people that I come across in my life. Wait…. if someone knows the purpose of their life, they are not ordinary anymore!

Ever taken some time out from your monthly bills and groceries and paychecks to wonder about the reason for your existence?
Even if you succeed in achieving the first-class seat, you have to remember that you have to get off that train at some point. You cannot carry your luxuries with you when you get off..
All you can carry is the satisfaction of really giving your best towards the reason why you got on the train….

( My inspiration to scribble this blog is Sam who believes that he is born to make people laugh and Penny who lives for Koko. )

1 comment:

Anuja C said...

as usual...enjoyed reading this :)